How important are hunters for Ohio’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Ohio, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Ohio will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Ohio jobs.
$854 million spent annually.
- 553,000 people hunt in Ohio each year.
- Of those hunters, 37,000 are from out of state.
- Ohio hunters spend $321 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Ohio spend $274 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $1,400 a year in Ohio.
- Hunter spending translates to $490 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Ohio supports over 20,000 Ohio jobs.
- Hunters generate $97 million in state and local taxes.
$1.4 billion ripple effect.